Once you become an employer it is important that you keep up to date with employment legislation. This protects you and your staff. You must adhere to this as failure to do so could result in you being brought to an employment tribunal to defend your actions as an employer.
There are a number of basic statutory rights that all employees have regardless if they are full or part time. This includes:
- Protection against discrimination
- Employment contract detailing their terms and conditions of their employment with you.
- A job description within 8 weeks of starting work.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year, which will be prorated for part time workers.
- To be paid at least the Minimum wage per hour of work.
Click here for the current National Minimum Wage rates.
Local Support Team will support you with meeting these obligations.